Tips to encourage your cat into the litter tray
- Use a litter they prefer – don’t go for the cheapest or the one that is easiest cleaned by you! • Have one litter tray per cat plus one
- Position tray away from food area – you wouldn’t want to eat in the bathroom!
- Introduce other cats slowly – best to introduce kitten to adult cat already in the house
- Cover windows or doors if there are other cats in the area bothering your cat
- If your cat is toileting in the bath, put some water in there – it will soon stop!
- Clean your litter tray regularly
- DO NOT USE litter quitter (toilet seat for cat) – it is a sure way to encourage your cat to toilet on the floor